Member of GENEVA GROUP INTERNATIONAL since 2007
OUR LAW FIRM
In 1999, Mr. J. Gustavo TRAVERSONI and Mariano F. BENGOLEA set up a law firm named after their names in the City of Buenos Aires. Some time later, Juan Carlos BENGOLEA (jr) became a partner as well. At present, TRAVERSONI & BENGOLEA ABOGADOS (T&B) has a network of law firms and associate attorneys that enable this law firm to be widely positioned both nationally and internationally. Our range of practice areas is wide and meets the needs of our clients, either companies or individuals. Our direct, dedicated and professional contact with clients is what makes our law firm different, this resulting in an excellent delivery of our services. Such high standards of services are possible due to the expertise of our professional staff, qualified to meet the specific needs of various profiles of clients.
It is in this manner that our law firm has developed its full potential in matters related to general business law, specifically corporate, insurance, civil and labour law. Restructuring schemes for financial assets, credit recovery procedures, bankruptcy law and legal advice in mergers and acquisitions have been practice areas of relevant importance to our law firm.
Since 2007, T&B has been a member of GENEVA GROUP INTERNATIONAL (GGI), a worldwide network which supports the professional excellence of this law firm with the high standards of Swiss quality. This strategic alliance has enabled T&B to provide services internationally by providing legal advice to transnational clients and meeting the needs of foreign investors in our country, Argentina.
Business Law and Business Counseling
Creditors´ Meetings and Bankruptcy Proceedings
Litigations Mediation and Arbitration
Successions and Family Law
Business and Development
• Incorporation, transformation, mergers, corporate break-up and dissolutions of organizations.
• Settlement of corporate conflicts
• Representation of majorities and minorities
• Judicial actions upon annulment of General Assembly resolutions.
• Acts for responsibility and removal of authorities.
• Corporate Interventions
• Assistance in corporate control bodies
• Action before the General Inspection of Justice
Creditors´ Meetings and Bankruptcy Proceedings
• Advice, preparation and bankruptcy filing, meetings of creditors
• Follow-up of bankruptcy processes.
• Representation of debtor and creditors
• Proof and acknowledgement of credits
• Enforcement of Credits in compliance with Bankruptcy proceedings
• Advice and representation in joint actions in bankruptcy proceedings
• Acquisition of property in bankruptcy proceedings
• Negotiations before and after Bankruptcy
• Constitución, transformación, fusión, escisión y disolución de sociedades.
• Convenios de accionistas
• Resolución de conflictos societarios
• Representación de mayorías y minorías
• Acciones judiciales por nulidad de decisiones asamblearias.
• Acciones de responsabilidad y remoción de autoridades.
• Intervenciones societarias
• Asistencia dentro de los órganos societarios de control
• Actuaciones ante la Inspección General de Justicia
Litigations - Mediation and Arbitration
• Representation of parties in litigious processes in general
• Highly complex litigations
• Medical malpractice
• Civil Responsibility.
• Negotiation and alternative conflict resolutions
• Full Legal Assistance in conciliations, mediations and arbitrations
• Negotiation, refinancing and/or credit default executions
• Legal actions for credit recovery with or without guarantees or collaterals. Summary proceedings, executor proceedings and attachments of personal property, foreclosures, pretrial hearings, petitions for bankruptcy, etc.
• Autonomous provisional measures to safeguard the debtor´s equity.
• Out-of-court default management.
• Debt Negotiation and obtaining new guarantees through trusts and/or other elements of law
• Recovery of personal property from leasing.
• Proof of credits in insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings.
• Bankruptcy and Prebankruptcy agreements
• Transfers of credits.
• Judicial auditing
• Advice and representation of insurance companies in matters of crimes and conflicts related to their industry (labour risks, life, retirement, heald, civil and equity responsibility, etc.), either judicial or extra judicial.
• Labour Risk Insurances.
• Recomposition of equity of insurance companies.
• Conflict resolutions in matters of reinsurances and their connection with insurance companies.
• Full advice in matters of recovery action.
• Representation of clients before the National Superintendence of Insurances. Defence of insurance companies in trials.
• Advice on the daily development of business of insurance and reinsurance companies. Drafting of insurance policies.
• Legal assistance in claim settlements.
• Litigations and arbitration on the scope of coverage of policies of political risk, general civil responsibility and products, professional responsibility (D&O, E&O, medical malpractice, civil responsibility of lawyers), life, aeronautic, land and sea, bank policies (BBB) and other conflicts arising from Insurance and Reinsurance Contracts.
• Drafting of supplementary decisions (medical, technical or accounting)
• Obtaining lawsuit portfolios.
Successions and Family Law
• Negotiation, working out and writing of partition agreements, collation actions and equity recomposition.
• Enforcement of inheritance rights in general.
• Judicial Representation in disability, alimony and filiation lawsuits
Real Estate Business and Development
• Advice on acquisitions, international joint ventures, financing, structuring and refinancing of investments, commercial leasing.
• Advice to architects and constructing or contracting companies in matters of commission, project and construction of real estate works as well as regarding zoning, environmental issues and taxes.
• Purchase, sale and development of real estate businesses, (industrial, offices, retail developments, time-share, rural clubs, gated communities)
• Construction contracts.
• Real Estate rentals.
• Financing, mortgages, administration and management of mortgage loans.
• Trusts and securitizations.
Litigious labour cases and conflicto resolution.
• Labour accidents, application of the Labour Risk Act and other provisions set forth by the Superintendence of Labour Risks.
• Recomposition of assets in compliance with the Labour Risk Act.
• Administrative and litigious claims.
• Defense in summary proceedings pending before the Superintendence of Labour Risks.
• Advice and representation before the Service of Mandatory Labour Conciliation (SECLO)
• Representation in labour lawsuits.
JORGE GUSTAVO TRAVERSONI
Lawyer - Argentine Catholic University (UCA), 1995. Founder of Traversoni & Bengolea Abogados - 1999.
He started his professional career as a member of the National Civil Justice. Later, he was a member of the legal staff of the Central Bank of the Republic of Argentina. Member of the Public Bar Association of the Federal Capital City. Member of the Bar Association of the City of Buenos Aires. Member of the Bar Association of San Isidro since 2000. Registration Number by the Federal Chamber of Appeals, La Plata. Major fields: company law, insurances and litigations in general. Frequent attendance as a full member in meetings, courses, seminars and workshops on business law, especially labour risks and Compliance for foreign companies in order to comply with international rules and regulations. At present he advises insurance companies, corporations and organizations in general. He leads litigation practice teams on a regional basis and has an active role in international professional associations. He has lately focused his professional work on advising foreign and local investors in Argentina and abroad, and has also provided both foreign and local companies with regional legal support.
MARIANO FRANCISCO BENGOLEA
Lawyer, Argentine Catholic University (UCA), 1996.
Founder of Traversoni & Bengolea Abogados - 1999. He started his career in 1990 as a member of the National Commercial Justice until 1998 when he set up T&B law firm.
Member of the Public Bar Association of the Federal Capital City. Main fields: Restructuring of financial assets and credit recovery procedures
JUAN CARLOS BENGOLEA (h)
Lawyer, Argentine Catholic University (UCA), 1994.
Associate Partner in Traversoni & Bengolea Abogados since 2001. He started his professional career in the National Commercial Justice (1988-1996). He clerked for Secretariat No.47 in the National Commercial Court of First Instance No.24, until 2001. He joined T&B law firm in 2001 and while holding the position of External Auditor for the National General Auditing Office (2001-2004). Member of the Public Bar Association of the Federal Capital City
ENRIQUE RODOLFO DI IORIO
Lawyer, Buenos Aires University, 1995.
He started his career in the National Commercial Justice (1988-1998). Temporary Private Secretary and Temporary Clerk in the National Civil Court of First Instance No.104, 1996. Senior lawyer for Brons & Salas Law firm in the department of litigations (civil and commercial law), 1998-2006. Senior lawyer for Martire law firm (commercial, civil and labour law), 2006-2010. Senior lawyer for Malis & Asoc. law firm in the department of litigations (labour, civil and commercial law), 2010-2014. Co-author of the Article: “Impact of bankruptcy proceedings on contracts with reciprocal payments due”, published in the book “Company in Crisis”, Alfredo L. Rovira (Director), Astrea, 2005. Professor, (Second Assistant Professor) in the subject “Elements of Business Law”, Law School, University of Buenos Aires, 2000-2006. Professor, Law School, Salta Catholic University, 2000-2006. Member of the Bar Association of San Isidro since 2000
SANTIAGO GACHE PIRÁN
Lawyer, Argentine Catholic University, 1995.
He joined Traversoni & Bengolea in 2016. He started his career in the National Civil Court of First Instance Nº 83 – Major field: Family Law. He joined O’Connor & Perez Leiros Law Firm in 1996. He founded Miguel, & Gache Pirán Abogados Law Firm in 2006 and worked until 2016. Major Fields: Civil and Business Legal Advice to judicial entities and individuals. Civil and Business Contracts. Insurance Law. Family law and successions. Judicial. Broad experience in civil and commercial litigations. Contractual and noncontractual liabilities. Compensations for damages. Graduate Degree: Insurances, Argentine Catholic University. 2008
MARÍA JOSE TRAVERSARO
Lawyer, Argentine Catholic University, 1994.
She joined Traversoni & Bengolea Abogados Law firm in 2005. She started her career on August 11, 1994 as a member of the staff of lawyers of the Central Bank of the Republic of Argentina. She has worked in the Civil National Justice. Member of the Public Bar Association of the Federal Capital City. Major Field: corporate, insurance and banking Law. She provides companies with full legal advice in civil and labour law; contracts, dismissals, conflict negotiation and settlement, direct and indirect redundancies. She manages and follows portfolios of legal actions for various companies in different business sectors; she advises in Human Resources. Fluent in English.
Lawyer, University of Buenos Aires, 2004.
She joined Traversoni & Bengolea Abogados Law firm in 2007. She started her career on July 5, 2004. Member of the Public Bar Association of the Federal Capital City. Member of the Bar Association of San Isidro since 2008. Major field: Labour, Insurance and Civil Law. Fluent in English
Since their beginnings, T&B lawyers have been providing their services to the following companies, among others:
BOSTON Cía. Argentina de Seguros
HIH ART S.A.
QBE ART S.A.
EXPERTA ART S.A.
Roberts Combustibles S.A.
Rabo Bank Internacional
Rabo Trading Argentina S.A.
Cotia Argentina S.A.
Cotia Inversora S.A.
Cotia Almacenes La Plata S.A.
Kotao S.A. – Proinpos S.A. UTE
Pecom Energía S.A.
Brighentti & Raffo SRL
Asoc. Civil para el enfermo
de Psoriasis (AEPSO)
Rennel Agua y Saneamientos S.A.
South Work S.A.
Clement y Asoc. S.R.L.
Cyber Processor S.R.L.
Driving Consultancy S.R.L.
Galvanosplastía Noe S.R.L.
Cotia Revendas Ltda. (Brasil)
Industrial Levorin S.A. (Brasil)
Priamo Trading Ltda. (Brasil
General Products S.A. de C.V. (México)
Acriral S.A. (R.O.U.)
Interactive Gaming Ltda. (USA)
Sanden Inc. (USA)
Translation Solutions S.A.
Plum Filed Advisory (Japon)
Adecco Argentina S.A.
Arneg Argentina S.A.
Grupo LVMH – Luis Vuitton Malletier
Track & Trace S.A.
Plant Impact Argentina S.A.
Jas Jet Air Services S.A.
Jas Worldwide LLC (Luxemburgo)
Telefónica Móviles de Argentina S.A.
Compañía de Radiocomunicaciones Móviles S.A.
Boston Compañía Argentina de Seguros S.A.
Unun Life Insurance Company of America LTD.
Petrolera del Conosur S.A.,
Sol Petróleo S.A.
Omnigraphics Comercial Argentina S.A.